As homes become less cluttered and furniture shapes are streamlined, people are becoming more experimental with design and expressing themselves through colour.
The design and colour trends to follow for 2008 / 2009 are:
- Designs will consist of beautiful blossoming flowers, meandering foliage and oversized damasks. To complement these larger scale designs there will be small weaves with textured surfaces using cut velvets, chenille’s and metallic yarns to add depth to your scheme.
- Wallpaper is back, feature walls are a must. Large scale designs with glosses, metallic and flock techniques add drama to any room.
- Colour ranges are an inspired palette of refreshing shades – Amethysts and greens with deep rose pink accents.
- Beautiful earth colours are lifted with deep gold’s and pale yellows.
- For a warming colour scheme try rich burnt oranges sitting alongside chocolates or natural linen colours. Or why not try deep pink and chocolate for a more contemporary look.
Tips to Consider when planning a new room décor:
- The secret to creating a scheme for any room is to use fabrics with surface interest and texture, matt and shine combinations to add depth
- Work schemes around 3 main colours to add depth and drama to any room.
- Choose accents of colour to add contrast for cushions, porcelain and glassware.
Fabrics from Wilmans
The below fabrics are all sold through Plumbs and can be made up into Loose Covers or Curtains.
Create a chic, classic interior with 2 beautiful designs for window decoration. Avington is available in Garnet and Ivory. A stunning sunflower weave, using metallic yarns which add to the grandeur of this design.
Anis is an elegant contemporary design featuring a large scale floral trail printed on soft drape cotton.
Add elegance to any room with upholstered furniture in the Regent design, available in a bold colour palette of Granite, Garnet, Beige and Ivory. Accents of gold metallic yarns emphasise this intricate diamond design.
Passarro, Dolce Vita and Rosa designs take their inspiration from sumptuous Italian interior designs with opulent classic weaves. These stunning designs have versatile appeal to both traditional and modern tastes.
Carmela, Delanna and Rossini hit the current trend for large scale flowerheads and shadow effects, with complimenting leaf trails and stripes. Colours are very of the moment with stunning black and silver and classic bronzes. A truly opulent collection.