Is head to toe ‘beige’ going to help the furnishing industry…the answer is a resounding no!
When the going gets tough…INSPIRE…
Our new collection ‘Putting on the Glitz’ is a riot of exuberant brights, glitzy metallics, luscious Boulevard silks and luxurious Garbo velvets. Hollywood inspired, mixing a spirit of simple glamour influenced by sensuous fabrics and reflective surfaces, we’ve mixed modern 60’s pattern with traditional damask effects and turned up the colour to break all the rules!
How to update…
- Try new colour combos – use rich, bold, vibrant hues that are dazzling enough on their own but become electrifying when used together..think..
- poppy and fuchsia
- acid yellow and storm grey
- dove and vitamin c orange
- bubblegum and eau de nil
- Ignore everything you’ve ever heard about avoiding pink and red or yellow and green, clashing colour is where it’s at..superclashing is great! Make the colours ‘ping’ by mixing with black and white..go full on and decorate an entire room an intense shade and accessorise with bold accent notes.
- Make a mood board for inspiration..collect images that inspire you, anything from travel to fashion influences..simple, but high impact.
- Fall in Love!...Start with a fabric colour, cushion or something that you feel passionately about and you’ll more than likely love the end result!
- Go for Drama!...Oversized patterns in small rooms…wallpaper ceilings…look at different ways you can use the paper, for instance, use stripes vertically and horizontally in the same room.
- Not forgetting Wallpower!!
- Future trends…we predict the ‘new 80s’ with a rock chick edge. An exuberant use of fabric with a modern twist..we’re thinking deconstructed swags and tails..
- Geometry..inspired by a late 1950s modernist, aesthetic geometric prints are once again the patterns to play with this summer…stripes, triangles, circles and spots.