Request a free visit0800 019 0505
Are you considering reupholstery or loose covers vs as an alternative to a new suite?
If things are starting to look worn and weary, the cushions are saggy and the fabric is wearing a bit thin... You are faced with a choice.
Throw it away and buy new?
- 50,000 items of lounge furniture a year goes into landfill. This is like burying 23 London buses.
- When you buy new furniture, your money goes towards a massive amount of raw materials from across the globe including tropical hardwoods, production energy and transport costs.
- The good news is...
They don't make it like they used to. Chances are the suite you've already got is better made than a new one. Low prices of new lounge suites means, well as the saying goes, You get what you pay for.
- So if you decided to reupholster or cover the furniture you already have in a fabulous new fabric you can get the latest look in your lounge, save money, cause less impact on the environment and still have your favourite comfortable place to relax, switch off and enjoy yourself.
- If the sofa is looking tired, and it's time for an update, then loose covers are the least expensive option. Probably about a quarter of the cost of a new suite.
- From an environmental point of view, loose covers are also a great choice as you are effectively recycling your sofa or suite.
- Washability is also a big plus point. Being able to remove wash and refit loose covers is perfect for any household where stains pose a threat.
- Massive choice of fabrics. You can probably choose from hundreds of options.
- Price wise a reupholstered suite will be around half the cost of buying new but this is a more expensive choice than loose covers.
- Another good choice for the environment - you are keeping your furniture out of landfill.
- Comfort and sentimental attachment are not affected. You are making the furniture you already have quite literally look like new.
- Fit and attention to details are better than for covers.
- Again a vast choice of fabric.
- Finally reupholstery is a traditional craft. By choosing this option you are helping to support traditional British workmanship by genuine local craftsmen and women.
- Usually come with replacement seat cushions.
- Service is a big plus as with this type of craftsman product the service is typically excellent.