Request a free visit0800 019 0505
How to make bunting
Bunting is a great addition to any party or summer event, whether that be a baby shower, wedding or even a BBQ. One of the great things about bunting is it can be easily personalised depending on the event - use it to spell out a message or just showcase your creativity with different fabrics.
Follow the simple steps in this video to create your very own bunting...
What you’ll need
- Triangular template made from card or paper
- Fabric (we’ve used a lightweight modern floral design)
- Pinking shears
- Binding tape
Step By Step
- Firstly cut out your triangular shape template from a piece of card/paper.
- Use this template to draw out your triangles onto the fabric
- Using pinking shears cut out the triangle sides. You can also cut these out using normal scissors and then go over the edges using pinking shears if you find this easier.
- Next lay your first triangle on the binding tape, leaving a enough tape so you can tie the ends once complete. If you prefer you can pin in place.
- Once you have your triangle in place, use a straight stich along the top.
- Leave a 4 inch gap and repeat with the next triangle.
- Keep doing this until you have stitched all triangles in place.
- Cut off any excess tape (again leaving room to tie) and trim any loose threads.
Your bunting should now be ready to hang and enjoy! Let us know if you decide to make this in the comment section below!