Request a free visit0800 019 0505
Ideas to brighten up a dreary January
We found a great article giving some enlightening ideas how to brighten up a dreary January, even more so with the weather we've had so far.
Karen McLauchlan from the Evening Gazette, says that "Just because the Christmas festivities and the New Year celebrations have been and gone, there’s no reason not to continue with this glamorous look which has made your home so shiny and bright into the new season."
Read the article here:
DON’T let dark and dreary January get the better of you this year - and most importantly, don’t blitz that glitz.
Here are some more ideas to help brighten-up your home:
- Cover Up - Do you have a dark, tired looking chair or sofa? Now is the time to change them for lighter, brighter alternatives.
- Lighten Up - Change your lamp shade and match your lighting to the season – lamp shades are the shoes and handbags of the design world, so don’t be scared to experiment.
- A Room With a View - If your furniture is centered in front of a fireplace, think about ways to rearrange the look for spring. Try and change the focal point to a view of a garden scene.
- Store Silks - Remove dusty silk flower arrangements from your rooms and store them away for a few months. Instead, bring in fresh green plants and flowering pots. These lively touches can breathe life into winter-weary spaces.
- Re-Accessorize - It’s time to rework your accessories and makeover your shelves. Clean off winter dust and replace heavy objects with a selection of lighter, brighter alternatives. Set up a collection of pitchers or glass, and include plants and picture frames as well.