Request a free visit0800 019 0505
What Information do we ask for, and why?
All the information you provide during the recruitment process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements where necessary.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format. It will be used by the HR Department and the hiring Managers/Supervisors only.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role that you have applied for in line with the job description and person specification.
We do not collect more information than we need in order to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don’t.
We will ask for your personal details including:
- Name and contact details
- Your previous experience and education
- Your referees
- Answers to questions relevant to the role you have applied for.
Our HR Manager will have access to all of this information, as well as the hiring Manager/Supervisor.
You will also be asked to provide equal opportunities information. This is not mandatory information – if you don’t provide it, it will not affect your application. This information will not be made available to anyone other than our HR Manager. Any information you do provide, will be used only to produce and monitor diversity statistics.
You may be asked to sign a criminal records declaration to declare any unspent convictions.
If you are unsuccessful following either shortlisting or interview/assessment for the position you have applied for, we will only keep the personal data you provided for the application process for a period not longer than 6 calendar months from when we processed your application.
We may on occasions ask if you would like your details to be retained on our files for the purposes of contacting you in the future should other suitable vacancies arise. This would be for an initial period of 12 months after which we would contact you again to ask the same question. Should we receive no response to this request then your details will be removed subject to the paragraph above.
Offers of Employment
If we make an offer of employment, we will ask you for information so that we can carry out pre-employment checks. You must successfully complete our pre-employment checks. We are required to confirm the identity of all our staff and their right to work in the United Kingdom.
You will therefore be required to provide:
- Proof of your identity – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- Proof of qualifications – should these be required, you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- In most cases, we will contact your referees, using the details you provide in your application, directly to obtain references and information on your trustworthiness, integrity and reliability.
- We will ask you to complete a questionnaire about your health. This is to establish your fitness to work and to establish if there is anything we need to be aware of in terms of your ability to carry out your role.
- Once an offer of employment is accepted and confirmed, you will be issued with a copy of the Plumbs Privacy Notice (Employment).
This document will inform you of:
- The information we collect from you
- How we collect the information
- Why we collect the information
- The legal basis for collecting the information
- How we use and may share the information
- We long we retain this information
- Your rights regarding your personal data, during and after your employment