Back in May 2008 we blogged about reports that cheap imported furniture were causing skin complaints by people lying on potentially toxic sofas:
To read the full post, click here: Another reason “NOT” to buy cheap sofas!
Yesterday in a landmark ruling a pensioner, Maurice Heminsley, 68 from Willenhall in the West Midlands. Received compensation, of a four figure sum, for the chemical burns he received from these "toxic sofas".
He suffered a rash across his neck, bottom, back and legs within days of paying for the £1,100 sofa in November 2007, and was left with weeping open sores which left him in agony.
Thousands of the sofas were sold throughout 2007 and 2008 by UK retailers including Argos, Land of Leather, and a number of independent stores.
To read more click here: Daily Mail