Table mats are an everyday and practical item, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use your own creativity to make your own.
We’ve put together this simple guide below that will hopefully inspire you to create your own. You may even find you’d like to add your finishing touches to your placemats such as contrasting stitching.
Follow the simple steps in this video to create your very own place mats...
What you’ll need
- Fabric (we’ve used a slightly thicker upholstery weight fabric for this)
- Cardboard template cut to size (we used an A4 piece of card)
Step by Step
- Use your template to draw out a rectangular shape onto the fabric – if using a patterned fabric make sure to consider where you’d like the pattern to sit on the mat.
- Cut out the rectangle
- Using a lock stich - stich around all 4 sides and then trim any loose ends.
- Finally fold over the edges and hem using a flat stich. This will create a neater finish.
There you have it! Let us know if you decide to make these table mats in the comment section below..