Request a free visit0800 019 0505
Tis the Season to Give your Home a Wintry Look!
Whether you’re nestled in the countryside or right in the middle of the city, your home is sure to see a rise in visitors over the coming season. Friends and family will soon be making the rounds to wish you good tidings and you’ll find yourself retreating indoors as the weather cools.
Ensure you have a beautiful and inviting home with some of my top tips for preparing for winter…
Inspired by Pantone Colours Silver Grey, Ivory Cream & Jet Black
- Octavia, Parchment - Made-to-Measure Curtains - Plumbs
- Branch Candelabra - John Lewis
- Silver Love Wall Art - Very
- Luxury Ravello, Rich Cream - Reupholstery by Plumbs
- Faux Fur Sheepskin Black Rug - Quality Rugs Online
Now is the perfect time to invest in some good quality, lined curtains! With curtains drawn for longer, it’s nice to pick a design that adds interest to your room. Plus, lined curtains will help reduce energy loss and keep your room warm!
For me, winter is all about curling up in mounds of cushions and soft luxurious fabrics! Velvets and Chenilles really come into their own this time of year offering a beautiful feel. This Luxury Ravello fabric even gives a beautifully subtle sheen!
Black and Gold are a great contrast for creating a luxurious look. Adding silver metallic accessories will help to lighten the overall palette. The branch candelabra is a great touch for a wintry feel!
Inspired by Pantone colours Mosaic Blue, Purple Magic & Steel Grey
- Silver Tree Stem Floor Lamp - Coach House
- Chelsea Velvet, Teal - Reupholstery by Plumbs
- Cottonwood Leaf Metallic Wallpaper - Laura Ashley
- Mini Glass Lantern Two Tone Purple - Home Home Home
- Plum Pudding Collection Lady Figurine - Dunelm Mill
- Astoria Mirror Console Table - John Lewis
- Spider Purple Rug - Rugs Centre
Rich Teals and Purples can be a contemporary alternative this season. Use alongside a neutral palette of white and silver for a balanced look.
You could opt for an eye catching occasional chair in a stunning colour like this Chelsea Velvet – Teal; or choose a large, plush plum rug to accentuate your seating area.
Again, metallic accessories can be so effective this time of year. You could even add to your wintry wonderland with twig designs for your wallpaper and furniture. This is a popular trend at the moment so there are plenty of great finds around!